Obscure Queer

An Anthology of pieces drawn from my collecting and dealing in the obscure byways of queer literature. A new kind of anthology I hope - evolving, odd, eclectic...

Monday, January 30, 2006

III.

The Stately ships are passing free
Where scant light strikes along the flood;
Gaunt Winter scowls o’er filed and wood:
Oh, who will bring my love to me?

White gulls fly screaming to the sea;
The bitter east wind sweeps the sky;
Faint snow-streaks on the hillside lie:
Oh, who will bring my love to me?

The hawthorn bough is bare and dree;
The spiky holly keeps him warm;
Brown brake shrills shivering in the storm:
Oh, who will bring my love to me?

The bright blue sky is cold to see;
The frosty ground lies hard and bare:
So cold is hope, so hard is care:
Oh, who will bring my love to me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home